Photo Use Terms and Conditions: In these terms and conditions the Food Porn Awards™ means a unique set of awards presented to participants in the North of England associated with the website https://www.foodpornawards.co.uk.
The trademark for the awards is owned by Shoot the Moon Design Consultants Ltd. The registered address is SCCA Ltd, 3 The Studios, 320 Chorley Old Road, Bolton, BL1 4JU.
By submitting your photo you are confirming the following:
- I am entering the Food Porn Awards™ competition by sending you a photograph which I am happy for the Food Porn Awards™ (and its advertising, promotion and other agencies) to use in its advertising, marketing, publicity or promotional materials.
- I am over 18;
- I am the owner of the photo and am able to grant this license to use it;
- I am giving permission on behalf of myself and my employer, and I confirm that they agree to this license;
- This permission covers all forms of use including television, print, online (including websites owned by Food Porn Awards™, YouTube etc.), newspapers, magazines, digital and social media and all other forms of media now and in the future anywhere in the world;
- I have not given these permissions to any other user. The Food Porn Awards™ will have the exclusive right to use the photo;
- The licence is irrevocable and the period of usage is unlimited;
- The Food Porn Awards™ can adapt and alter the photo or take extracts from it;
- Use of the photo will not infringe any rights (such as intellectual property, confidentiality or data protection) belonging to others;
- The photo is original and is my own work, and is not a copy of anyone else’s work;
- I agree that this license is royalty-free;
- If requested by the Food Porn Awards™, I will sign (and arrange for the others involved in the photo to sign) any documents to confirm the above;
- You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Food Porn Awards™ harmless from and against any and all losses, and all claims by third parties, resulting from your breach of any of the these terms and conditions;
- The Food Porn Awards™ may assign or sub-license the rights given by me to others;
- The details I have submitted on the online form are true;
- English law applies.
Terms & Conditions of Entry into the Food Porn Awards™ competition
- By submitting your entry into the Food Porn Awards™ competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The call for entries will run from Wednesday 14th June 2017 until midnight Wednesday 18th October 2017. All entries must be received within this time and by midnight Wednesday 18th October. Any entries received after this date will be invalid.
- Entry restrictions: The competition is only open to chefs working in restaurants, bars and pubs based in The North of England and are aged 18 or over. Only one person, establishment or dish can be listed per entry but entrants can enter as many dishes as they choose, in any category that is relevant.
- No professional marketing shots can be uploaded as an entry.
- The entrant can only upload dishes that he/she has created and the food in the image must be real and must have been prepared by the entrant.
- Notification of finalists: The finalists will be notified by email and must respond to the notification within 5 days. All entrants must ensure they provide a valid email address and must be contactable on the same email address used for entry. If a finalist fails to respond within the above timelines the finalist forfeits their right to participate in the cook-off event and the Promoter may at its discretion choose an alternative finalist in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be able to recreate the dish they entered for the cook-off event.
- Finalists will need to supply their own ingredients for the Food Porn Awards™ cook-off stage.
- The award is exactly as described. The award is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash alternative to the award will be offered.
- The finalists may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and by entering the competition you agree to participate in such activity.
- All finalists that co-operated during the cook-off event will be invited to the Food Porn exhibition.
- The final winners will be announced at the exhibition in March 2018 at the Northern Restaurant & Bar Show.
- The winners will be registered to the establishment the dish has come from, and not to the person themselves.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-receipt of any entry and cannot be held liable for system failures on the Food Porn Awards™ website, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or for any failure by third parties to fulfil their obligations or for any acts or omissions outside the control of the Promoter.
- As entries may be displayed on our website and marketing material which will be in the public domain entrants must ensure that only suitable material is uploaded. Entries must not contain any material which is defamatory of any person, or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, illegal, hateful or inflammatory; be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry which it considers contravenes these provisions or for any other reason at its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time, or to withdraw the competition altogether for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in connection with all matters arising from this competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility, liability or any consequences whatsoever for participating in this competition or the awards offered.
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and in the event of any dispute the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter.
- Promoter: The Promoter of the Awards is the Food Porn Awards™, Shoot the Moon Design Consultants Ltd. The registered address is SCCA Ltd, 3 The Studios, 320 Chorley Old Road, Bolton, BL1 4JU.